Saturday, December 8, 2007

I reached Tezu today evening

After two flights to reach Dibrugarh, a taxi ride to Tinsukia, and more than 4 hours in a Sumo, I reached Tezu today evening. Tezu is the headquarters of Lohit district of Arunachal.My cycle is still in the box, since I still have an 8 hour Sumo ride tomorrow till Walong. Walong is 35 kms from Kibi-thu, the eastern-most point of India. I'll start riding from Monday, hopefully! No GPRS here, so posting this through Raghava. Cant wait to start riding.

6 comments:

vindy said...

Hey Shree...
I followed your earlier blogs, and ppl like you and more from the bikes forum are inspirations for motorists like me :). I hardly say this to anyone
YOU ROCK MAN!!!
all the very best I would be following this blog of yours, you can do it!!!!

Gauthaman said...

Good Morning!
You are a tea lover, how many varieties of Assam Tea have you tasted? Hope you have caught the bus which leaves once in 3 days to Kibi-thu. :-). I hope by the time you would have kicked started the journey from Kibi-thu.
Go Cycling....

Bala Bellary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bala Bellary said...

Hello Shree,

Good luck and thanks for mentioning my little project. I've been checking www.shreekumar.in regularly, but, couldn't see a link to your latest trip. Talk to u soon.

Cheers,
Bala.

Shree Kumar said...

@vindy: Thanks!

@gauthaman: Hehe - just entered Assam today. They don't seem to brew exotic tea by the roadside. For that, I may have to goto Darjeeling ?
I figured that there are everyday Sumos to Kibi-thu. Anyway, you've probably read more already...
@bala : I have added a link to this site from my homepage. Thanks for reminding

Unknown said...

Hi Shree,

how is cycling going on, hopefully as planned. I dont follow your blog regularly but i do peep in sometimes :-), it is very interesting.
hope you have a safe and a enjoyable cycle ride.
All the very best..

Ramya