Saturday, January 12, 2008

Replies to comments, current position

@ramesh: some technical problems are to be blamed. I wrote a really
long story combining multiple days, and the mobile phone just refuses
to open the document!

Rest assured, I'm doing fine. Since my last update, I've stayed in one
more village, met a world-wide walker, and visited the great stupa at
Sanchi. Best of all, I met my childhood buddy Anant Swagath in
Bhopal.

I am a bit behind schedule, 460km to go with less than 3 days to go.
I'm 35km away from Indore, but not much to do in terms of sight-seeing
for the remainder of the trip. I need to skip Mandu as it is way too
much off course, and I don't have the luxury of time any longer...

Will try to do something for the story part using my laptop; the file
opens on the laptop, but not on the mobile. Interestingly, the file
was generated on the mobile!

@faiq: yes, roads are bad. But many roads are in good condition
courtesy the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna. People are very
friendly. The only cynical comment I heard was 'idhar pehle raja
maharaja the, ab bikhari ban gaye hain'.

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

No comments: