Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Jan 6: Best Day so far! (part 5 of 5)

At the village I'm having a gala time. Chatting around with the villages, sometimes on serious topics. Many people are sitting around the hotel's wooden oven to warm up their hands and feet. Villagers are having their evening chit-chat. One old man claims that Faris is the most beautiful city in the world, and of course in India! I'm on mute and enjoying the whole talk.

After dinner the proceedings become more interesting. There is a local singer who is cajoled to sing by the locals and me. Gulab jamoon is being prepared, and singing is just the right thing to pep up the boring activity. Soon, I join in too. We sing all the way from 8:30 to 10:00. The setting reminds me of the time we used to spend at the trekking campfires, except that this is with people who were strangers a few hours ago. Soon, it's time to sleep.

1 comment:

Gauthaman said...

Nice to read that you have able to strike the right chord with the people. Anthashari with locals. I hope you sang a few Kannada Ganas to amuse them.

Keep aside your crazy ideas of cycling for 24 hrs. Something tells me, it is not good at the end of your trip.